Thermally treated ash Timber decking boards
The timber decking boards in thermo ash of Carpentier are the best alternative to tropical hardwood and can be delivered with a PEFC label.
What is thermo ash?
By means of steam the ash is heated up to at least 215 °C. The steam makes sure that the wood does not start to crack or split. After the treatment the thermo ash is comparable to tropical hardwood of class I. Stable thermowood retains its form and has a very attractive colour. Furthermore, stable HOTwood is more durable and resistant to moisture and wood rot.
Exposed to wind and weather, thermowood will – just like all other types of hardwood – turn into a beautiful and even grey. The attractive look of these timber decking boards fits in perfectly with other products from our range, HOTwood cladding for example.
Our timber decking boards in thermowood are available in standard profiles, but customers may also have them planed in a certain profile as they wish (from 2500 lm). Save 50% on your installation thanks to a brand-new clip mounting system called QuickClip®.
- Durability class I (I: ash)
- 100% ecological, environment-friendly
- The best alternative to tropical hardwood
- Good resistance to rot
- Retains its form and is stable
- Intense colour and nice greying
- 100% RETURN (no knots – no splits – no rot – no worms)
- Insulating (25% more sound and heat insulation than non-thermally modified wood)
- 30% more fireproof than regular wood
- Safe from insect attacks (presence of insects is excluded)
Discover our different profiles
20 x 132 x 2100 mm or more (especially 2700 mm)